Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I HAVE A FOUR PHONE SYSTEM AND ONE STATION.

Customer Question
I HAVE A FOUR PHONE...

I HAVE A FOUR PHONE SYSTEM AND ONE STATION. I'VE HAD THESE PHONES FOR LESS THAN A YEAR NOW AND ONE PHONE #2 HAS BEEN GIVING ME TROUBLE FOR SOME TIME, BUT I FINALLY GETTING TO CALL IT IN FOR HELP. YOU WILL BE TALKING ON IT AND IT JUST SHUTS DOWN OR IF DIALING, IT STARTS TO DIAL AND THEN QUITS. NEED HELP OR I'LL HAVE TO GET RID OF PHONE #2 LAWRENCE XXXX

Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/18/2010
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome,

If you are referring to one of the "handsets" of the phone system not working, the first thing I would do to troubleshoot this issue is to swap the batteries from one of the working handsets into the one that is not working. Try to keep track of which battery is which and see if the problem follows the battery, or the phone.

You should probably make sure each of these handsets is recharged for a couple of hours before testing, but that should be enough to tell you if the battery is the problem or the handset.

Please let me know what you find, or if you have more questions.

Take Care, Greg A.