Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

my kindle, the large one, has a message on the screen Software…

Customer Question
my kindle, the large one...
my kindle, the large one, has a message on the screen "Software Update" and then goes on to three short paragraphs. It came on last night and is still there this morning. Can you tell me what to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/18/2010
Electronics Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

It sounds like your kindle is downloading the latest software update, is there a progress bar showing ? Is the progress bar moving over time ?

You might want to plug your kindle in to charge to allow it to complete the update.

there us a origeress bar which is blank. I plugged the kindle and nothing happened.
Hi There,

Could you plug the unit in to charge, and then press and hold the power button for around 20 seconds.

This should soft reset the unit, it will then try to complete the update again.