Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a go video recorder+vcr model #vr4940 ser#41849400004168…

Customer Question
I have a go video...
I have a go video recorder+vcr model #vr4940 ser#41849400004168 bar code#bej9qke40410. I have used a dvd-r disc twice trying to record advd from a vhs tape that was home recorded, I never was able to initial nor finalize the dvd. I used the recommended instructions. the dvd was recorded but it will not go to the finalize step .what am I doing wrong? thanks hj
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 53 days by:
8/10/2010
Electronics Technician: Joe, Electronic Tech replied 8 years ago
Joe
Joe, Electronic Tech

It is possible that the Govideo was hit by a small power surge, and the processor has some garbage in it, and you need to leave it unplug for 40 MIN, and that will reset back to normal. Also if it has a battery pack, remove it too.