Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Kindle DX quit allowing me the choice of moving between…

Customer Question
My Kindle DX quit allowing...
My Kindle DX quit allowing me the choice of moving between periodicals and books by going to the top of the home screen and pressing the left arrow on the little joystick. Everything, including books and periodicals now appear on the home screen. I tried a hard reboot, and nothing changed. Suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/17/2010
Electronics Technician: Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician replied 8 years ago
Craig
Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician
Using the 'show options' and 'sort options' will allow you to change this. These buttons determine 'what' and 'how' your content is displayed. Try this...

graphic
Craig

FYI, after I requested help, I was able to get in touch with Kindle tech support. Their number is XXXXX They informed me that the problem I was having was due to a OS update for Kindle, which disabled the feature I'd been using earlier and which was described in my message to you. They did this because of complaints they'd had from Kindle users who didn't want to go to the trouble of distinguishing between subscriptions and books. IMHO, this was a step backwards. In any event, it appears there's nothing wrong with my Kindle (That a decent OS wouldn't fix).

Thanks for the assistance!

Charlie McClain
No problem...Craig