Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

please help i recently changed from at/t with two lines

Customer Question
please help i...
please help i recently changed from at/t with two lines to comcast with only one line for both fax and voice mail and i dont seem to consistently get either one i ve called comcast to see if its the line or the settings but perhaps it s the fax machine settings can you help me i d like to have the voice message on 4 rings and the fax on five how does that happen or is there a better way my telephone is(NNN) NNN-NNNN i m so a techno nunce maybe thats why i m having this problem please help thank you roni lynn
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/17/2010
Electronics Technician: iMayne, Technician replied 8 years ago
iMayne
iMayne, Technician
Hello

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I do not understand when you say "voice mail". To my understanding of this machine, it does not supports the actual voice mail. Are you referring "voice mail" as "voice"? ie: the normal operation of a telephone?

Also, if you need to receive both fax and voice, you will need to turn off Auto Answer.

The manual, found here, will describe in details how to configure the fax machine to your specific needs.

All the best.
iMayne

Edited by iMayne on 6/17/2010 at 11:22 AM EST