Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

hello can the samsung galaxy be unlocked

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/16/2010
Electronics Technician: Shawn, Technician replied 8 years ago
Shawn
Shawn, Technician
You can follow these instructions. Unlocking requires you to contact your carrier for an unlock code. They may not give it to you forcing you to purchase one from an online vendor.

The Samsung I5700 Galaxy SpicaFull Review Star only takes a few steps to unlock. The new Galaxy Spica I5700 from Samsung is a SIM phone and runs Google’s Android OS making it a fantastic gift for the holidays. The scope of this phone guide is to show how to unlock the Galaxy Spica for free. Unlocking your Samsung phone means you will be able to use it with any phone carrier network, rather then just the one you bought it with. Unlocking only takes a few steps, but does require an unlock code. You can usually get a free unlock code by requesting one from your phone carrier. If they will not give you one, then you may have to look online to purchase one from an online vendor. Regardless of how you go about attaining your Samsung I5700’s unlock code you will need to give them your IMEI number. This is a number that idefntifies your Samsung phone and will help them calculate your unlock code. You can find it simply by typing *#06# XXXXX hitting enter. Once you have an unlock code you can go ahead and peform the steps posted below. You can find the original instructions to unlock any GSM Samsung phone here.

Unlock Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica

1. Power on your Samsung mobile phone without the SIM card in.
2. Type #7465625*638*
3. Enter your Samsung unlock code
4. Type #
5. If worked, phone should say “Network Lock Deactivated”
6. Your Samsung phone may automatically reboot.