Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Kindle seems to be frozen. There is a screen display (even…

Customer Question
My Kindle seems to be...
My Kindle seems to be frozen. There is a screen display (even when it is in the off position) and menu and next and previous page are frozen. The battery is at the half-way level. It was working fine last night.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/16/2010
Electronics Technician: NeOh, Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer
Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

Please try a soft reset

1. Slide the power button and hold it for 30 sec.

2. Release the button and wait for 20 sec until the screen begins to flash.

3. As soon as it does, plug in the power and charge it for a few hours.

It should solve the problem

Thanks
Shidhin

NeOh
NeOh, Engineer
Your solution did not solve the problem. I contacted Kindle support and they supplied the solution -- hitting the reset button. Although you didn't solve me problem, you did try so I will accept your answer.