Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Good mornning, I have a customer with DEH-P750MP in his boat.

Customer Question
We have power to unit...
Good mornning, I have a customer with DEH-P750MP in his boat. We have power to unit and power on bar to face plate but the face plate does not turn unit on. Any idea's would be helpfull.
Clay
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/16/2010
Electronics Technician: Joe, Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Joe
Joe, Mechanic

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

I would presume this radio is inside the cabin on the boat, and in all honesty I have never seen this model installed on a boat before, however none the less I would start by making sure the contacts are clean to the faceplate and if so then I would check the unit for water intrusion as it is very common on a boat even inside a cabin make sure nothing is leaking from above or in the wall putting mositure in it, this is the reason marine radios should be the only ones used in boats and even then are not fully water proof now they are fine if installed in large boats where water cannot get to them.

Chances are that the faceplate alone is bad and needs to be replaced which it may be cheaper to just replace the entire radio.

If you need further assistance I will be glad to help you.

Thanks,

Joe

.The fact that you might suggest this being the wrong application for unit is understandable. But taking into account that we have see a lot of car unit installed in the marine industry with no failures in some application. I was looking for a tech answer in regards XXXXX XXXXX shooting the cover plate if one was available.