Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a free to air dish installed on the side of my house…

Customer Question
I have a free to...
I have a free to air dish installed on the side of my house (with no motor). I can get all the menus on the screen but the stations I can not receive. The signal is reading between 68 to 76 per cent but the quality is zero all the time no matter what position I move it to. Can you help me here I have followed the instructions to the bone, or is something to do with the height of the dish (it is at about 10foot off the ground). I am going spare at this point. Where am I going wrong. Any ideas.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
6/17/2010
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)
Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:
1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator

Gina what is the problem with the question about the satalite dish?

Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician
I think the issue is that it looks like you've done everything right, and without seeing the install it's hard to tell why it's not working. I am going to do a little bit of research and get back to you.