Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Zumo 550. Three days ago I used it to find a destination…

Customer Question
I have a Zumo 550...
I have a Zumo 550. Three days ago I used it to find a destination and switched it off when reaching that destination. When I attempted to switch it on later that day it refused to respond. I have removed the battery for some 5 minutes (recommended by a fellow Zumo owner) replaced it in the GPS but, to no avail. My last memory of the machine when in operation was that the battery appeared to be fully charged.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/15/2010
Electronics Technician: Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician replied 8 years ago
Craig
Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician
Have you tried plugging in to the car charger with the battery out?
My Zumo is used on my Motorcycle, NOT my car. I have had the equipment plugged into my computer for the past 12 hours and it has responded, accepted a charge (although I'm not sure how long that will last) and appears to working OK at the moment. I feel the problem is to do with the battery and I think that I will have to replace it in due course.
The machine has re-booted itself and is now working perfectly.

Due to this happening without the need for advice from you, I would be grateful for a refund to my Paypal account.

Kind regards,

XXXXX XXXXX
You have not paid me anything, your money is in deposit with justAnswer