Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

what is the best proven way to create a 12 volt d.c. Pulsed…

Customer Question
what is the best proven...
what is the best proven way to create a 12 volt d.c. Pulsed transient surge ? ..... I have built numerous neodymium magnet motors with hundreds of 12 volt experiments , i build pulsed motors experimenting with various types of commutators and copper coils e.c.t. Using a small aa sized battery connected to an 8 wire huge toroid (its very heavy) i connect the 4 primarys in phase and the 4 secondarys in phase creating 2 negatives and 2 positives , then i connect the positive and negative from the secomarys to a 50 led light 12volt cheap led flashlight . .then using this small aa battery on the in phase positive and negative primary i am capable of brightly lighting all 50 led lights for just a split second every time i disconnect and re connect the small 0.9volt half dead battery to the primarys on this huge toroid i have , i am quite knowlageable with transformer dynamics and teslas workings bedinis works and more on the subject of this fast transient surge of electric created in a collapsing emf in a copper coil sometimes measuring hundreds of volts from a 12 volt batterey .... I wired this toroid as an experiment to one of my 12 volt d.c. Pulsed magnet motor in phase then collecting the surges from the secondary of the toroid into huge capacitators and got some astonoshing results with various loads ..... Dont answer with links please my question is simple how can i create a better transient surge from a 12volt experiment .whats the best way to use this high voltage spike ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/15/2010
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
4. the question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question

Please feel free to re-word your question or increase the price if you feel that may be the reason. Of course you are not required to increase the price. :)

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx
my question was simple ! How can i best create and capture a dc pulsed transient surge from a 12volt battery ?
Relist: No answer yet.
Electronics Technician: Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician replied 6 years ago
Craig
Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician
Have you used a car ignition coil and a set of contacts? The old ignition systems create a heck of a wallop of DC voltage when you open and close the contacts for the spark plugs. This is high voltage and I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish but the output of the ignition coil is quite powerful.