Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

ps 3 comes on menu comes up for dvd play but then tv screen…

Customer Question
ps 3 comes on menu...
ps 3 comes on menu comes up for dvd play but then tv screen stays black. no movie or games will play get as far as the menu screen wat could be the problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/14/2010
Electronics Technician: Dr. Dan, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Engineer
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be working with you today on your question!

Hmm this sounds like a hardware problem, possibly with the graphics card. I would recommend giving Sony a call at 1-800-345-SONY and have them address the issue directly. They are the only ones who can service you PS3 directly / under warranty.

If your question becomes or is now satisfactorily resolved please remember to click accept to accept my solution and to have Just Answer pay me for my efforts. Do so only once to resolve your question. Bonuses and positive feedback are also greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
the ps3 was bought used a couple years ago so warranty wouldnt cover it. The pre installed demo games work but nothing else. do you have any other suggestions?
Electronics Technician: iMayne, Technician replied 8 years ago
iMayne
iMayne, Technician
Hello

Have you tried to reset the console?

Regards,
iMayne
Check to see, in Settings, if your console needs an update.

Regards,
iMayne