NeOh
NeOh, Engineer
Experience:  B.tech in Electronics and communication engineering
15563787

Hi I have a Nuvi205 and last week my girlfriend picked it up

Customer Question

Hi I have a Nuvi205 and last week my girlfriend picked it up while it was on and seems to have removed the maps. My brother tried to reset it but -after it tries to load maps it shows a message that says" no detail maps found that supports routing. The nuvi cannot be used without them". I have tried to load maps from Garmin website but still get the same message . I have tried webupdater and mapinstaller. When I plug in the usb cable I do get the little picture of the computer connected on the navigator screen so i am assuming the connection is ok to get the maps. Where might I go from here?. Thanks XXXXX XXXXX.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  NeOh replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. We would like to to solve your problem as soon as possible.

These are the instructions from the Garmin site to solve this issue

1. Hold your finger down on the screen until the message “No Detailed Maps That Support Autorouting” disappears.
2. If you get a locked maps message following this error please remove any SD cards in the device and skip down to the instructions for “Getting your unlock codes”.If you did not get a locked maps message then please select tools>settings>map>mapinfo button.
3. Check the box next to the mapping product City Navigator and you should no longer get the “No Detailed Maps That Support Autorouting” message.

try this and let me know

Thanks
Shidhin
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

sorry for not getting back to till now . I have tried the above and I get " cannot unlock codes" so I went onto the Garmin webpage and unlockd the codes but still geting the same message on the unit.i do have the unit connected to the computer so I am a bit confused as to why the codes are not downloading.but unfortonatly I am no better off. I'm open to ideas. David

Expert:  NeOh replied 8 years ago.

I'm opting out this question. I'll forward this to other experts, they'll help you