Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

bought a new game and when i try to play it, error keeps popping…

Customer Question
bought a new game and...
bought a new game and when i try to play it, error keeps popping up, error is (80010017). what is it and how do i fix it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/10/2010
Electronics Technician: Joe, Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Joe
Joe, Mechanic

What type of gaming system is this?

Does this happen as soon as the game is put in or does it start to load/play then gives error?

Thanks,

Joe

its a ps3. and yea it happens as soon as i put the game in. in goes to a black screen like its gonna start then error pops up.

Which game is this?

Do you currently or have you had this connected to the internet and have you updated it?

Do the other games still work fine?

What version ps3 is this?

Thanks,

Joe

Alpha protocol and mlb the show 10. and yes i just got online today updated and thought that would solve the problem but no. still doing the same thing. not sure what version it is. and the only other game i had was broken by kids. so i went out and got these games and the error keeps popping up.
To help identify version, 60,80,120,240 gb? And when did you purchase it ?
in december around christmas time. it was a gift from wife. and i looked all around it and all i seen was 120v 60hz. are there ne other places i could look to better help.

Sorry for the delay, according to others that error can be caused by various reasons, one being the unit is too hot or at one point became too hot and now has damage to solder joints, you can try removing it to another spot if in a tight space cabinet then try doing a complete reset on the unit which will take about 3 hours to complete but this still may not solve the problem, in all honesty I would give Sony repair a call as the unit is still under warranty and they can get it repaired for you at no cost under the factory warranty.

If you need further assistance I will be glad to help you.

Thanks,

Joe

Do you still need further assistance with the problem?

Thanks,

Joe