Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an older BOSE Wave radio that is currently connected…

Customer Question
I have an older BOSE...
I have an older BOSE Wave radio that is currently connected to my big screen TV. However, I do not get sound when I play either the DVD player or the VCR. I do have the accessory that came with the Bose - a tray with AUX 1, AUX 2 and AUX 3 buttons on the front, with a couple of plugs on the back as well as 2 sets of red & white inputs. It also has a cord with a plug as well. I'm thinking I need to use this accessory in order to have sound from the other components, but I have no clue as to what to plug in where or if I need to purchase any additional cables, etc.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/9/2010
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician
How do you have the Bose connected to your big screen? Also, do you have the DVD and VCR's audio running into the big screen now? Let me know and we can go from there as to how to hook it up properly.
I had a TV guy connect the Bose. At the time, he told me that the other 2 components were now all connected. Unfortunately, I never checked the connections (other than the TV) before he left. The DVD and VCR are connected to the big screen because I can view DVDs and tapes - but without any sound. I have an older 50" Hitachi HD TV.

It's hard for me to tell you how to proceed if I don't know what cables you have and what they are connected to. I can tell you that the DVD and VCR need to have Video and Audio, both connected to inputs on the TV, then the TV would have an Audio cable coming out to the Bose system so that any sound sent to the TV would be then returned and played to the Bose unit.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!

I'm sorry, but your answer didn't tell me anything more than I already knew and it's not worth $18.00.

This is a process. I was asking you to verify what I had stated above. This is process of elimination to find out if everything is hooked up correctly. Only then can we proceed to find out what th problem is.