Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Garmin Nuvi 200W 1st two screens appear on switch-on then…

Customer Question
Garmin Nuvi 200W 1st two...
Garmin Nuvi 200W 1st two screens appear on switch-on then BLANK.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/9/2010
Electronics Technician: iMayne, Technician replied 8 years ago
iMayne
iMayne, Technician
Hello

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Have you tried the reset button?

Regards,
iMayne
Where is reset button (I thought that there might be one!)
Hello.

The reset button on the bottom, back near the serial #

Regards
Hello

Did the rest worked?

Regards,
iMayne
Reset button was well hidden! Pushed, made certain that screen was 'on' when pushed. Repeated several times. Still no change (perhaps I was hoping for too much when I asked you!
They're more steps. I'm at Birmingham bull ring. I'll continue when I return to the office, ok m8.
Ok, Im back.

This step will erase all your user data. This process is called hard reset:

1. Power off the GPS
2. Press and hold the reset button
3. Connect the Nuvi to an EXTERNAL power source

From the user manual:

For the soft reset, hold the lower - right corner while power on, wait still pressing the lower - right corner till the message appear to clear all user data. Press yes and continue.

Let me know the outcome.

Regards,

iMayne