Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Is it possible to retrieve deleted messages from the uniden

Customer Question
dct758? A friend inadvertently deleted ALL...
Is it possible to retrieve deleted messages from the uniden dct758?

A friend inadvertently deleted ALL messages when she intended to only delete one.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/4/2010
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

I think the other experts here may have been "shy" to answer your question because of the answer. The answer is - Once the messages in these digital answering machines are deleted, they can not be retrieved again. This is because of the way they are stored (not a universal format such as MP3) and the limited amount of memory in the system. I have had several customers over the last few months that had the same situation (accidentily deleted messages) and none of them could be recovered.

Sorry about the news.

Take Care, Greg A.

Edited by Greg A. on 6/4/2010 at 2:31 AM EST
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hiya Greg:

Thank you so very much for your response.

Your answer validates my research, although it is saddening. My friend lost her husband to cancer a year ago and the deleted messages were of his voice and their conversations. I'd hoped to find a solution for her.

Respond to this and I honor the payment for your response.

Best,

Howie

Hi Howie,

I understand very much what you are saying. I have had customers in similar situations, or needing deleted messages as "evidence" in court cases they want to bring against someone.

Sorry I didn't have better news for you or your friend.

Take Care, Greg A.

Not your fault, Greg. I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Best,

Howie

I also apppreciate the accept.

You may want to suggest to your friend that they still have the memory of their loved one, which no one can erase.

Take Care, Greg A.

Thanks, Greg. This is how I will approach it with my my friend, Only time will allow her to accept this reality bt I will assist her as you have assisted me tonight. Thank you.

Howie

You sound like a good friend to this person. Keep up the good work.

Take Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer