Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a Bose wave cd player. How do I clean the player (INSIDE).

Customer Question
Someone told me not to...
I have a Bose wave cd player. How do I clean the player (INSIDE). Someone told me not to use one of those discs with the brushes. Also, how often should I clean it. <br /> <br />Thank you so very much for your help. I love my BOSE! <br /> <br />
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/11/2010
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 years ago
Aric, Technician

You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first (and this method is just fine) is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.

If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at Staples, or Wal-Mart). Open the CD drawer, or remove the cover of the player by removing the screws on the sides and rear of the unit. Then spray the can approximately 10" from the lens to blow any dust off of it.

If it still does'nt work, you can opt to clean the lense eye itself, by using isopropyl alcohol, and a lint-free cloth to gently wipe the "eye". Then use a dry spot on the cloth to buff the eye clean.

A good rule of thumb is to clean it once every year if you use it all the time, or once every two years if you don't use it very often.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician