Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Everytime I boot up my tracfone it says no service no matter

Customer Question
where I am. something...
Everytime I boot up my tracfone it says no service no matter where I am. something has happened and I cannot use the phone. It will turn on but other wise it says "no service." what should I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 2 days by:
3/1/2010
Electronics Technician: James B, Technician replied 7 years ago
James B
James B, Technician

It sounds like what happen is on most phones these days their is a SIM card installed under the battery pack. The SIM card is what allows your service to work. I think your SIM card got messed up for one reason or another. I suggest you contact your carrier and I suspect they will have to do some reprogramming of your SIM card over the phone or in some cases send you a new card in the mail to install.
James B
James B, Technician
James B
James B
James B, Technician