Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a vtech cordless phone with 2 extra hand sets. All

Customer Question
I have a vtech cordless...
I have a vtech cordless phone with 2 extra hand sets. All 3 phones say "no line". What can I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/22/2009
Electronics Technician: Simit, Engineer replied 7 years ago
Simit
Simit, Engineer
Do you have a regular phone that you can plug into the phone line?
Yes and it works fine
The "No Line" error message means that the phone is connecting to the base, but the base is not getting a phone signal. If you connected another phone that is getting dial tone, then there is likely some problem with either the phone or the phone cable.

If your other phone works, then try connecting connecting the V-Tech to that same cable that you had the other phone on.

If it still doesn't work, that means that the problem is in the phone, and it will need to be repaired, or replaced. If you are still under warranty(The phone is less than a year old), then you can follow the steps in the link below to get it repaired under warranty:

http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechui/support/replacement_option1a.cfm

If it has been more than a year since you purchased the phone, then it would be more economical to replace the phone than to get it repaired since cordless phone parts are not readily available.

Simit
Simit
Simit, Engineer