Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a Pioneer vsx-d307 stereo console that is stuck in mute

Customer Question
and I do not have...
I have a Pioneer vsx-d307 stereo console that is stuck in mute and I do not have a remote. I fixed it once before but cannot remember how I did it. How do you unmute without a remote?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/28/2009
Electronics Technician: AnswermanRob, Electronic Jack Of All Trades replied 8 years ago
AnswermanRob
AnswermanRob, Electronic Jack Of All Trades
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

According to the documentation I have, if you unplug the unit for 30 seconds and plug it back in, it should reset.

Have a good weekend,

Rob

I've tried that and it didn't work.

Does the readout actually indicate mute or there just isn't any sound?
The display says -muting-
That's all I can find in my documentation. No mention of pressing any combination of buttons. Would you like me to locate a replacement remote?
No on the remote. I ordered one from remotecontrolsinc about a year and a half ago. It should be here any day.
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician

A year and a half ago?? Oh man. Sorry to hear that. You could also use a One-For-All basic Universal remote to control the muting function. Try this, instead of simply unplugging the unit for 30 seconds, some units take longer to factory reset and power may need to be unplugged for up to 60 minutes. The other Expert definitely knows his stuff, but it would'nt hurt to try unplugging the unit for a bit longer to see if this clears the issue up. Let me know how it turns out.

If this answer helps solve your problem, please click "Accept".

Aric, Technician