How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Martin Your Own Question
Martin, Engineer
Category: Consumer Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 4922
Experience:  16 years, include works in aluminium plant, industrial machinery, military weapons, programming
Type Your Consumer Electronics Question Here...
Martin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to replace a Foshan Hanyi AC Adapter Input 100-120V,

This answer was rated:

I have to replace a Foshan Hanyi AC Adapter Input 100-120V, 1.1Amp, 50-60Hz, Output 12V, 5Amp, (side by side plug). I know Haier uses this device with some of your coolers. Can I buy one from Haier?

Joel Harris
([email protected])
Hello Joel, welcome to Just Answer.

To have a power supply work on a device you need to have this requirement:

- The output power must fit.
- Frequency must be the same.
- Output voltage need to be exact, maximum current can be more.
- If the original one was including the fuse, the new one must also.
- The connector must fit.
- If the power supply is internal, it must physically fit and not generate more heat than the original one.

As long as this is OK, the replacement should work.

* Some power supply require producing a more quality DC signal, those usually are for computer and a coolers should not have those requirement.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.



Helpful information regarding current (Amps). Worth the $16.00. Not to worry.


My question is where can I get one?


Can you help with that answer?



Is this internal or external to the device?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.




It is an external AC Adapter Made by Foshan Hanyi. Model HYS68-12-50. I saw a similar one attached to a small cooler made by Haier.



I don't think Haier sell them separately. (to get one, if the spec are the same) you can take the part in note and then go on their site to see if they have a part ordering section.

You can also get it from plenty of places, like this for example:

On an external power supply, you have a connector that then connect the power supply to the unit you want to power. That need to be the right size and have the right polarity. Most have negative on the outside (if you still have the other power supply you can verify this).
Martin and 3 other Consumer Electronics Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.


The adapter I am replacing has a side by side plug, but as long as I know where the + is I can splice into the single plug end of a new adapter from the site you gave me, or from Radio Shack..


Or I can buy Haier's mini refrigerator that comes with a very similar adapter for around $30.00 (plus membership in BJs Wholesale Club) and use the adapter on my Drink O Matic cooler.


Either way, thanks again



I can't really say i did not saw the Haier power supply, but if the spec are equal, i see no reason why it would not work.

Related Consumer Electronics Questions