Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Bose Lifestyle 28 has no sound. The console unit is working…

Customer Question
Bose Lifestyle 28 has no...
Bose Lifestyle 28 has no sound. The console unit is working and sound is detected (using a earbud). Problem seems to be the Acoustimas (subwoofer) not indicating any power.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/1/2009
Electronics Technician: Lancew561, Engineer replied 9 years ago
Lancew561
Lancew561, Engineer

Hello Mark, assuming you have the button on the Acoustimass pushed on and you have unplugged the media center for say 1 minute from AC and replugged in to give a system computer reset. Still not working, indicates a hard failure, but I do have some good news.

Below is link to a company that has been repairing Bose out of warranty for over 20 years and at a flat rate (your Lifestyle 28 I believe is $99 + freight) which is better than factory plus when you call get a real human on the phone. Give them a try.

http://www.myboserepair.com/

Best Wishes Always Lance

Do click on the green ACCEPT the answer button so we will continue to answer your questions and also provide positive feedback to you.