Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My Sanyo TV wont turn on.

Customer Question
My TV is plugged in...
My TV is plugged in to a live circuit but it won''t come on when I use the remote or the on/off button on the TV.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/28/2008
Electronics Technician: Jim Riddle, Electrical Engineer replied 9 years ago
Jim Riddle
Jim Riddle, Electrical Engineer
So there are no lights or indications that it is getting power?

I would recommend checking the fuse to see if it is blown. It is located on the circuit board right next to where the power cord connects to the circuit board.
Jim Riddle
Jim Riddle, Electrical Engineer
I would like to check the fuse as instructed.
Ok, you'll find it right next to the where the power cord connects to the circuit board. If it's blown the wire inside the glass fuse will be broken.

You can also check it with an multimeter if you have one.
I checked the fuse. It was blown, so I replaced it with the same kind, 4amp, 125volts. When I tried the tv again it blew the same fuse. I think I need a nw tv.
Any suggestions?
Can you give me a model number?

Often times, when the fuse blows immediately after turn-on, it is the degauss posistor.
Model No. DS25760
Desolder/remove the degauss posistor and see if the TV will turn on without blowing the fuse.
This is beyond my skill level.
There's no shame in calling a pro. That's why they're there.
Thank you for the help Jim. I'm in over my head.

Sidney
Jim Riddle
Jim Riddle
Jim Riddle, Electrical Engineer