Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have white fine powder coming out of the back of my TV.

Customer Question
I have white fine...
I have white fine powder coming out of the back of my TV. My tv is a JVC model number av-27d500 serial number 16427132. Looking at the back, it's coming out of the lower right hand corner. What's wrong? is it going?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/22/2008
Electronics Technician: Edward, Technician replied 9 years ago
Edward
Edward, Technician

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The TV likely has a capacitor going bad. How long has this been a problem? How long have you owned the TV?

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

If you accept my answer please leave positive feedback.

Edward
Edward, Technician
Reply to Edward's Post: IT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 2-3 MONTHS. I FOUND THE DUST YESTERDAY AND THERE WAS A LOT IN THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER AS YOU LOOKED AT IT FROM THE BACK. IT IS OVER 10 YEARS OLD. IS IT GOING TO FAIL SOON? WILL THIS AFFECT THE CABLE RECEPTION? THE HBO SIGNAL FLUCTUATES AT TIMES.
SHOULD I GO AND BUY A HD TV WHEN IT GOES?

There is really no way to know how long before the TV goes out. Being over 10 years old having the set repaired would cost more than the value of the TV. The TV could lasy for some time. I would suggest that you wait and when you decide replace the TV. The problem is not likely to cause a problem with the HBO signal. THat is likely a problem that HBO is having.

Regards,

Edward

If you accept my answer please leave positive feedback. If you do not feel you can leave positive feedback please do not accept the answer.

Edward
Edward
Edward, Technician