Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

trying to reset my viewsonic n4261w lcd tv when i ...

trying to reset my viewsonic...
trying to reset my viewsonic n4261w lcd tv when i start it up it just stays on 3 bird screen is there a combo button sequence to do a factory reset
2/9/2008
Edward
Edward, Technician

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. To reset the TV back to the original factory settings, unplug the TV and leave it unplugged over night. The TV will reset when you plug it back in. If this does not work let me know and I will continuing providing you assistance.

There is no reason for you to accept this answer if you are not satisfied with it. My goal is 100% customer satisfaction. If you are happy with the information and feel you can leave positive feedback, please accept if you are happy with the information. If you are not satisfied you can tell me and I will gladly opt out which will prompt another expert to answer. Your deposit can be given back so there is no need for you to accept any answer that does not please you.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

If you accept my answer please leave feedback.

Reply to Edward's Post: i left unpluged about 13 hrs did not work
Once the TV turns on are you able to press the menu and get into the menu for the TV?
actually what happened was my son read online about hidden menus with viewsonic tv (pressing 991)anyway he changed something (of course he has no idea what)but now tv starts up and stays on pic of 3 birds totaly frozen cant even turn off without unplugging it tried leaving it on thinking maybe longer start up but after 15 min decided to unplug. viewsonic customer service doesnt even know about hidden menu they kept telling me to press volume buttons together and hold but that also did nothing they said a tech will call in about 5-7 buisness days but if i can do a hard reboot im sure it will be fine

Since we have to rely on a customer to provide use the information needed to advise you what to do It is very difficult when we are not provided all the information. Much like going to a doctor and complaining about tummy pain and not telling them you had consumed a dozen green apples. There are some cruel people in the world and they often post information on the net that will create quite a problem. For some reason they get some kind of thrill creating problems for other people. I have seen simple computer fixes posted on the web that were links to virus and others that would remove the operating systems from a computer. The service menu should not be used unless you know what you are doing. It is very easy to do what your son has done which will result in the TV not working at all. In all likelihood the software in the TV has been corrupted and will have to be installed by a qualified service tech. Since I am not positive what is wrong with the TV and there is no way to know without testing the TV I am going to opt out. There is no reason for you to accept this answer if you are not satisfied with it. My goal is 100% customer satisfaction. If you are happy with the information and feel you can leave positive feedback, please accept if you are happy with the information. If you are not satisfied you can tell me and I will gladly opt out which will prompt another expert to answer. There is no need for you to accept any answer that does not please you.

Edward
Edward, Technician
Edward
Edward
Edward, Technician