Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

My Audio Technica wireless sax mic cut in and out due to…

Customer Question
Ok so my Audio...

Ok so my Audio Technica wireless sax mic cut in and out due to connection....how do I stop this from happening need it to work gig tomorrow

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

The mic is the sax mic that isn’t the cheap one it is then next step up the wireless unit is an unit 3000 series I believe....while you read this I will double check the exact model

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Well I am considering using a small pice of tape in the outside of wireless and seeing if that will help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

IN

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Audio Technica wireless m3000 series the connection from belt pack to mic is loose and cutting in and out....how to fix issue
5/25/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 28 days ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am a technician. The permanent answer is to repair the bad connection. Either replace the connector, solderer the wires, or replace the cable. Depending on where the problem is actually at. For an emergency fix to get you through a job you can bend or pull the cable to a point where the connection is making and either tape or lock it in that position, And then pray it will work through the job. By no means is this a permanent fix, it should be actually repaired.

Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 27 days ago

Is there anything else I can help you with?