Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Im tryin 2 make the sounds on my new synthisizer to come on…

Customer Question
Im tryin 2 make...

Im tryin 2 make the sounds on my new synthisizer to come on but the manual to tyrn the local switch on & i have no idea where it is located at

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Roland jd xi

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Roland? What have you tried so far?

I literally just got it 2 hours ago so im new 2 the this.ive just been reading the manual but im still havin trouble figurin out how 2 mae the sound come on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
4/2/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 2 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a Roland technician. Question: did you get this unit from someone else or is it brand new from a store?

It is brand new from the store
I found the local switch is on .but still no sound..i dont have any speakers but i do have a pair of headphones i can plug into.but shouldnt i be able 2 hear sounds reguarless

OK: If it is right out of the box it should play without really changing anything. This unit does not have it's own speaker or amplifier. The only way you will be able to hear it is through headphones or another amplifier and speaker. So try headphones?

Alright then i will 2morro after work

OK

jaimzness
jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer