Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I just bought a Roland Street Cube EX and I'm jazzed! I told…

Customer Question
Hi! I just bought...

Hi! I just bought a Roland Street Cube EX and I'm jazzed! I told the salesperson that I wanted to use it with my Yamaha MX-88 for some busking. She had an MX-88 right there and hooked up an EX and I liked the sound a lot. I kept telling how jazzed I was to be able to play where there were no AC outlets. So now I get home, unopack it and realize there is no way to plug my keyboard into it to for AC. And the store is 5 hours away... I live in Medford, Oregon and bought it this morning in Portland. Can you suggest any way I can power my digital piano without an outlet? Can I use a car battery somehow?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Roland? What have you tried so far?

I bought the speaker this morning. It's still in the box. I saw on the manual that it has no AC outlet.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
4/1/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Rusty, Music Professional replied 3 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

I'm sorry to hear that, portable power is important in your situation. Luckily, your piano is low amperage, so you have a couple of options. Just don't run the volume at full, run it at about half, and let the Cube EX do the amplification, so that it doesn't draw too much power from the portable power unit. The Cube will run longer than the battery or inverter I'm about to show you.

Click here. This is a battery powered AC unit. You can charge this up, and run your keyboard off of it.

If you want to run off of a car battery, you'll need a gel marine battery to get any length of time out of it before it drains the battery with an inverter. Click here. This inverter will convert the 12 volt battery power into 120VAC.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still need help, please reply.