Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

A Yamaha hs7 is not producing sound. Just barely I just

Customer Question
A Yamaha hs7 is...

A Yamaha hs7 is not producing sound

Technician's Assistant: When did this audio problem start with your HS7?

Just barely I just barely received them and one of them works great and the other doesn't work at all The light is on and everything is connected properly but there is no sound coming from them

Technician's Assistant: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?

Yes it works great. I have a chord that connects them directly to my focus rite Scarlett solo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

No! Everything is fine

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Is anyone there?
3/28/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Louie, Technician replied 3 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Yamaha HS7.

Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

Great. I just barely purchased two Hs7's and iahve them set up and ready to go. Only one of the produces sound. I have changed the chords around and it doesn't produce any kind of sound despite being on.
What troubleshooting steps are available so I don't need to return this? It took 10 days to arrive and I don't want to have to go through that again.

Have you tried swapping the plugs to the red & white jacks of the Scarlett Solo? ...same speaker with the no-sound issue?

Yessir. Unfortunately it doesn't work still. I've switched them all kinds of ways

I understand.

Can you please try swapping the connecting cables to the Scarlett Solo?

Also/then, unplug the RCA from the red & white jacks of the Scarlett Solo. Then touch just the center tip of the freed RCA plugs.

Post back results / observations of the above once tried.

When I unplug them, the only one that produces any sort of sound is the red. The black does not. Even after switching the red cable from the right speaker and over to the left, the left spear continues to not produce any sound--even with the red jack plugged into it

IF the cables were swapped and it is still the same left speaker that has no sound, THEN it would be the left speaker itself.

Have you exercised ALL the controls? LEVEL, ROOM CONTROL, HIGH TRIM?

...tried using the other INPUT jack?

The only thing I haven't tried is another set of cables. I'll have to try that I guess

Yes please even if just for test purposes / process of elimination.