Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

How can I determine the manufacturer's date of my Yamaha ES8…

Customer Question
How can I determine...

How can I determine the manufacturer's date of my Yamaha ES8 Keyboard?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your ES8? What have you tried so far?

I need a direct answer, not a questionaire.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just how to determine the age of this keyboard.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/26/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 3 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Yamaha certified technician. Yamaha kept records of date by serial number only on guitars. The best I can tell you is the first year of manufacturer is 2003 and the last was 2007. The higher the serial number the closer it is to 2007.

I just thought of one other possibility. If you want to open the unit up, Sometimes there is a code on the IC's that give you the date of production. Pick three or four of the IC'S and give met the numbers on them and I can try to give you a better answer.