Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have had the Sibelius Program for many years and a couple

Customer Question

I have had the Sibelius Program for many years and a couple of years ago, the lightning struck the telephone which was hooked up to the computer that the Sibelius was on. My son put the program on our other computer and I can open up the program and listen to what I have written BUT I cannot write new music or adjust any music that I want to change. My Registration Number is ***** 1249 4403 0362 1174 and my Computer Number is ***** 0444 5946 1259 9050. Can you help me to get my Sibelius Program for writing music back again please. I have tried to register with the "Register Sibelius" but it says I have been really missing it at times and I don't want to have to write it out by hand.
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?
Customer: XP
JA: When did you last update your Sibelius?
Customer: I haven't updated it. I just always used it as it was when I bought it.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is Sibelius 2.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Sibelius question.

It helps if you uninstall or de-register Sibelius from the old computer first, before you install it on a new computer, with a one-computer Sibelius license. As it is:

- you may perhaps be able to register a second copy of Sibelius on the new computer, without un-registering the first install on the old, presumably ruined, computer.

- you register on the second computer by methods detailed on this page, the method being dependent on the version of Sibelius you have:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/How_To/en396975

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is the first time your website has allowed a response. First of all your entire website LOCKED UP the instant you got money out of our account, hitting the back button resulted in the so called assistant with the conversation we had and NO WAY TO RE-ESTABLISH CONTACT. Also they said it was a temporary $5 Not over $41. I thought you were REAL Sibelius Techs, Not an Imitation Tech. For the record again it is Sibelius 2, not 3,4,5,6,7 or 8. To restore Sibelius in the past was FREE from the real techs. the info provided is USELESS to us, we are recovering the program from a crashed hard drive as STATED BEFORE from storm damage. You can send us a Refund cheque if you're a genuine service. STILL NOT IMPRESSED
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

I regret hearing about the difficulty with the website.

As a JustAnswer Expert, I myself have no power over charges, billing, or refunds, and I have no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.