Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a dx7 iifd that needs battery replacement. I have the…

Customer Question
I have a dx7...

I have a dx7 iifd that needs battery replacement. I have the battery and holder. I've removed the bottom and removed the 4 screws holding the main board in. How do I get the main board out? It seems stuck at the midi ports.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Yamaha DX7 II fd

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your DX7? What have you tried so far?

I bought a batter (cheap) and a local retailer did it for me; however, the instrument will not hold programs. So, I assumed I had bought a cheap, dead battery. That was months ago.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/21/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Louie, Technician replied 3 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Yamaha DX7 II FD/D..."

Hi. Ive opened it and removed 3 screws on top of the main board (on which the battery resides) and removed the four screws on the back of the synth connecting to the board. Now I must lift and remove the board to get at the battery; however, it seems stuck on the end with the midi ports.

Great on the DIY (do-it-yourself) repair!
When able, please post back with clear pictures of the "...board...stuck on the end with the midi ports..." Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

For insight, please click HERE for dis-assembly instructions from the Service Manual (if have not been viewed / done).