Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Roland SPD s can’t read memory card. Don’t know how. I tried…

Customer Question
Roland SPD s can’t...

Roland SPD s can’t read memory card

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Roland? What have you tried so far?

Don’t know how long. I tried 2 different cards

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/19/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the Keyboard (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No still not working

ok, now we have done this step try the second memory card, does it read it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still not reading the card. The is a Roland Spds drum pad not a keyboard

ok, only SPDS was specified, read and tell me the exact model and serial on it please

thanks

What are the sizes of the cards you are trying?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a 512mb and 1GB either works

ok, I notice you say memory card, you mean a USB Flash drive correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it take a flash memory card not usd

They had two batches with this model, one also accepted the USB drive, look for a USB port on it, do you see one on your batch for this model?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I don’t see it

ok, the issue here is the card reader has failed, and I was hoping your batch had a USB reader to use instead.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the SPD to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service