Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Philips tonearm won't stay down,drops ok,then just rises…

Customer Question
Philips tonearm won't stay...

Philips tonearm won't stay down,drops ok,then just rises back up

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Philips 312

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

Years ago,just tried it again,have not tried any repairs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

No,just want to get it working again,short of buying another,really like the 312

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/19/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I guess,when push the down switch tonearm drops,then slowly rises back up

Hi Greg,

It is likely that the turntable needs some lubrication and TLC.

I would recommend that you contact a local technician so they can view the issue and fix it for you at your home.

nevermind,I'll figure it out

OK