Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a roland 700sx. I bought it used and am having

Customer Question
Greetings. I...

Greetings. I have a roland 700sx. I bought it used and am having trouble saving a settting and calling it up, without having to start from scratch

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Its a roland rd 700sx

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

I play a piano at church. It would be nice to be able to save a setting that I like and have it come on. I have had it for a while (several years)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/17/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Rusty, Music Professional replied 4 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

There is a battery in that piano that holds the settings in flash memory. If that battery goes dead, it will no longer store your settings. It's time to have it replaced.

It takes about an hour to replace, and the battery is under $5. You should take it to an authorized shop, or a music shop who is familiar with digital pianos. It's not a specialty repair, but it should be done by someone who knows electronics.

Once you put in a battery, the flash memory will be able to hold the information even when the keyboard is unplugged. It should last 5-10 years. You should only have to pay less than $40 to have the work done by a professional. Click here to find your nearest authorized Roland repair shop.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still need help, please reply.

Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Rusty, Music Professional replied 3 months ago

Were you able to sort out the battery problem?