Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a Yamaha YFP-70 that works fine, but the music rest…

I have a Yamaha...

I have a Yamaha YFP-70 that works fine, but the music rest has been broken off, and the pedal is missing. Can you give me the appropriate parts numbers and tell me where I can buy these items?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your YFP-70? What have you tried so far?

I am a church music director, and one of our members recently gifted the church with a Yamaha YFP-70. It works fine, but we need a replacement music rest and sustain pedal.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

The music rest was broken. We have been able to remove all the broken pieces of plastic from the slot on top, but we need new rest or a good replacement. Also, we need a pedal pedal. I just need to know what parts to get and where to acquire them.

3/16/2018
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

The pedal is a simple pedal, you can use any sustain pedal that fits in the jack. The music rest will have to come from Yamaha. You can also get an original pedal from them as well. Here is the parts department phone number:

(###) ###-#### Monday through Friday, from 7:30AM - 5:00PM Pacific Time (closed 12PM - 1PM).

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you have any questions about these parts, please reply.

Thank you for the phone number. But won’t I need the part numbers?

No, they have all of that stored in their computer. You will need your model number and serial number. They provide the rest, that's the nice thing about the Yamaha parts department. If you get someone who sounds confused, just ask for another representative. Some are a little incompetent, but others are sharp as a tack.

Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional