Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

When I turn my digital piano on, the small red light on the…

Customer Question
Hi! When I turn...

Hi! When I turn my digital piano on, the small red light on the left side lights up but the small screen in the middle does not and the keys will not play any notes.

Technician's Assistant: When did this screen problem start with your instrument?

We noticed it around Christmas time this past year but did not have time to try and fix it. I am away at college most of the time and it's my piano so I'm not sure exactly when this started.

Technician's Assistant: Is everything else working normally?

No. None of it is working.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that we can see that electricity is reaching the piano because the small red light comes on but nothing else.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/16/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your keyboard/piano question.

That looks to me like CPU failure, or central control circuitry failure, in the keyboard/piano in question.

Please tell me what maker and model the piano is. I will offer further recommendations, for trying a reset.

But it looks as if it will require repair, after that is tried... in which case, knowing where you are located, by zip code, would help me advise you further.

It is a Roland Digital Piano DP-900

The means of doing a reset might be, to unplug it from the power while it is On,

then leave it that way for 1 or 2 hours or longer,

then power it On while holding down (??) the REVERB and perhaps the SPLIT button also.

Let me know how that goes, and if it fails, please tell me your local zip code.

Unfortunately it didn’t work. My local zip code is 33029.

These are in your area and can help with your Roland, I hope - if not, if they cannot, there are others and I will list them for you also :

FLORIDA ELECTRONICS

5901 NW 176TH ST UNIT 3
HIALEAH, FL 33015
(305)(###) ###-####/strong>

• Carry-in service on Roland and BOSS products

or

CONTROL AV LLC

1803 NE 146TH ST
NORTH MIAMI, FL 33181
(786)(###) ###-####/strong>

In-home service on eligible Roland home pianos (- so this might be preferable for your needs)

Let me know how it goes, please. Thank you.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.