Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Mackie THUMP TH-12A flashing light when turned on. Any

Mackie THUMP TH-12A flashing...

Mackie THUMP TH-12A flashing light when turned on. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Powered speaker. Mackie Thump TH-12A

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

A little while now. Haven’t really tried anything other changing the power cord. No change

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else. Just wandering if it’s a small problem or a big one. And obviously what I need to do to fix it...

3/16/2018
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello: my name is ***** ***** I am a Mackie technician. The light flashing is a indicator that the protect system in the amplifier has detected a problem and has shut the amplifier down. The amplifier assembly's are not repairable and you will probably have to replace the amplifier to correct the problem.

Ron Winston

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Ron Winston
Ron Winston