Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

For yamaha CVP 509 can I record a commercial song onto the…

For yamaha CVP 509...

For yamaha CVP 509 can I record a commercial song onto the USB where I can play back and play along with it and make a usb recording

Technician's Assistant: What Yamaha model do you have?

Clavinova cvp509

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Yamaha instrument? What have you tried so far?

I cannot find a way to record music from my I tunes on my phone to the 509 so I can play along with it and and record on the usb

3/14/2018
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

First, the song must be a WAV or MP3 on your flash drive. Insert the flash drive into your USB port on the keyboard.

Press the [USB] button to call up the Playback display (AUDIO PLAYER display).

Press the [8 ▲▼] (FILE SELECT) button to display the audio files saved to the connected USB flash memory.

Press one of the [A] – [J] buttons corresponding to the file you want to listen to.

Press the [EXIT] button to return to the Playback display (AUDIO PLAYER display).

Press the [2 ▲▼] (Play/Pause) button to play back.

Pause the track, now it's time to start recording.

Press the SONG [REC] button and the [STOP] button simultaneously.

Press the SONG [REC] button. Press the play/pause button to start the USB song.

It will start recording as soon as you hit a key.

Press the SONG [stop] button to stop recording.

Never could get it to work

Which part isn't working? Are you able to get the music to play? Are you able to record without playing the music?

Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
It want let me record in top of the recorded music

Recorded music? You mean the music on the flash drive? Please be very specific.

On the flash drive or transferrd to the piano.

Tell me what you can do, and what you can not do, one by one. Playing music, playing to music, recording music, playing music and recording what you're playing, etc...

Can transfer song from computer to flash drive
Can transfer song from flash dr to piano
Can play transfer song on piano
Cannot record me playing with transferrd song

Ok, this machine can have trouble playing and recording to the same drive. I want you to try to play the song from USB, and save your performance to the internal memory. If this is successful, we can transfer the recording to USB.

I give up. Don’t think can do what I want. I’ve tried all possibilities

There is another way... You can record directly into your computer. You'll need a little mixer, and a free audio recording program.

Click here for the program. Audacity is easy to use, just hit record.

Click here for the cable that you will need.

Connect the big ones to the main L and R outputs on your keyboard. Connect the smaller one to the microphone input on your computer. Hit record in Audacity, play the song, and play along with the song. It will all record into your computer.