Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

From Austria. Yamaha CVP-83S. I´m looking for a Mainboard.

Hello from Austria Technician's...

Hello from Austria

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Yamaha CVP-83S. I´m looking for a Mainboard. If damaged or in no working condition - no problem - I will buy it. The main Processor IC1 is damaged. I replaced capacitors, fixed cable interruptions ....but IC1 does not start. Voltages, Oscillators are working. Reset does not help. I hope you can help. Thank you very much. Best regards Gerhard

3/13/2018
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello Gerhard,

First have you tried reflowing the processor?

Sometimes the brittle lead-free solder used on these boards can break free over time, and reflowing the processor can resolve this.

If that does not work, let me know if you are planning to replace the processor on your own Mainboard?

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Thank you Mr.Pete for answerReflowing does not fix. Processor IC1 does not send a Reset Signal to Slave IC9. I have to replace the IC1. If you know any sources for order I would be glad. Thank you very much - best regards Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

There are different variants of Mainboard for this keyboard.

1. Can you confirm the model number and version of your board?
  2. Can you also confirm the part number of the processor, or attach an image of it?
Thank you for answer I will send you soon a picture of the Mainboard. Best regards

Ok, looking forward to receiving the picture.

Pete.

ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Hi Pete! Thank you for this good news. Are you sure that this processor contains the same software like cvp-83S.? Best Regards Gerhard