Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have many audio tracks that have loud pieces of music with…

Customer Question
Hello, I have many...

Hello, I have many audio tracks that have loud pieces of music with a person giving critiques at the same time. It was for a dance competition so dancers are performing their routines while a judges is speaking into the computer and recording with Audacity. One judge didn't use her mic properly so it quietly recorded her through the computers main microphone. I am trying to make her voice louder.

Technician's Assistant: When did this audio problem start with your instrument?

Saturday

Technician's Assistant: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?

External speakers

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/13/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Continue
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

we do!
Do you have any ideas or do you need more information?
  1. Open the file in Audacity. Go to Effects → Amplify.
  2. The amplification set is already the maximum possible without clipping. Don’t change anything, just click OK
I’ve done that already with no luck unfortunately. It’s not just the track that’s quiet. There is a voice giving critiques during the dance routine and I need to amplify just the voice.

Unfortunately, that is really the only option available in Audacity to increase volume

I have access to GarageBand. Does that help? The fix doesn’t have to happen on Audacity. That’s just where it was recorded from.