Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

We are trying to repair an Roland HP 1700 keyboard. I have…

Customer Question
Hi, We are trying...

Hi, We are trying to repair an Roland HP 1700 keyboard. I have three keys that when you press them, the don't come back up.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Roland? What have you tried so far?

I have an electric piano repair person with me, and he cannot seem to take the keys off the keyboard.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Right now, we have the keyboard opened up, but cannot get to the individual keys to repair.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Is anyone there?
We want to remove the bad keys, and either repair/clean or replace.
Is anyone on the other end of this conversation? We were told someone would respond right away. Still waiting.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/12/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 4 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am a Roland service technician. I'm sorry I did not respond sooner but I was out on service calls. Yes you will probably have to replace the keys that are bad. I have seen them break from time to time. The next question would be how do I remove them. Well it takes a special tool. I am sending you the information on how to make on. Let me know what you find.

We removed the key, and everything seems to be okay, but when you press the key down as in playing, it won't come back up.

The return spring should be in the back of the key. I would compare it to a working key. The second posiblity the key is rubbing on the key guide. To confirm where the trouble is swap the bad one with a good one and see if the problem stays with that key.

No, found someone local to assist. Thank you