Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I bought a Roland vinyl cutter about eight years ago to make…

Customer Question
Hello I bought a...

Hello I bought a Roland vinyl cutter about eight years ago to make all of my letters for advertising on our equipment since then we have switched our computers from windows to Mac’s and my vinyl cutter software does not work with our Mac. Is there a Cut studio software for Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Roland? What have you tried so far?

I called a couple of suppliers and they couldn’t help me with new software that works with Macs

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/11/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Roland DGA software question.

There is a Roland CutStudio for Windows.

But there is no Roland CutStudio for Mac, it appears on some examination. The closest thing is a former CutStudio Plugin for Adobe Illustrator for Mac. I could not find it as a separate download, but it seems that the Plugin for Adobe Illustrator for Mac is included in the CutStudio for Windows.

Further research reveals that at least formerly, if not now, the CutStudio Plugin for Mac was (is?) downloadable from the www.adobe.com website. A search of that website reveals no CutStudio software found, but I don't have an adobe.com account - it is advised that you do a search for the CutStudio Plug-in (or, Plugin) for Mac, after logging in to your adobe.com account on that site. That's probably the best you can do, aside from buying the whole CutStudio for Windows suite just to get the associated for-Mac plugin... which might do not good without the CutStudio software running on a Windows PC, perhaps, though that is simply uncertain.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.