Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I need to know what wires go to what from a Yamaha receiver…

Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is***** need to know what wires go to what from a Yamaha receiver to the dvr to the tv?

Technician's Assistant: What Yamaha model do you have?

Hold on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Yamaha instrument? What have you tried so far?

RX-V463

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Girlfriend this stuff so complicated...had to get my hardwood floors refinished so guys had to unhook all my electronics...I bugging out trying to put all back together

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018
Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

You'll need a hdmi cable from the dvr to the hdmi2 (dtv/cbl) port on the back of the yamaha

then another hdmi port from the OUT port to the tv (such as hdmi1, on the tv). Set the tv to hdmi1, and set the yamaha to the dtv/cbl mode.

Let me know if that works for you, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok hold on & thanks for responding I might need for us talk on phone but let me try this first get back to u in few min!!!

No problem, I'll be here if you need more help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Eldon I just see what you’re talking about & that looks way easier but unfortunately I only have one hdmi cord which is going from dvr to tv but have a zillion cords that are red/blue/green and red/yellow/white so can u possibly tell me how to hook up using those?

Okay what you could do is connect the dvr directly to the tv with the hdmi cord,

and then use red/white from the dvr to the yamaha (to the dtv/cbl) ports.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hold on I also having a speaker issue...so I don’t need ANY red/blue/green cords ANYWHERE?

No those are not necessary.

HDMI really would be the best option long term, so it would be worth going to the store or going online and ordering a new hdmi cable, they are only about $5: http://amzn.to/2FqLkre

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just curious so the red/blue/green cord does the EXACT same thing as the HDMI cord?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what exactly does the red/yellow/white cord used for?

The red blue green are a lower quality analog connection, so is the red/white/yellow, hdmi is all digital

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Awesome Eldon you are the bomb everything is working now ...!!! I was trying to use WAY TOO MANY CORDS... so just to backtrack I need to go get another HDMI cord to go from DVR to receiver? And lastly would it be beneficial to use a better quality HDMI cord than just this generic one I have to connect and why if so?

Great! Glad that did the trick for you!

There is no difference in the hdmi cords, they are all digital and there is no quality difference between the cheap and expensive ones, just a brand name, so sticking with the generic is just fine.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh so sorry one more question just curious can u ever use a red/white/yellow cord to connect a component (like a CD player) red to white both ways and just leave out the yellow just hanging in the air beside connections or not?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you did say I need to get another hdmi cord to go from dvr to receiver ...right?

Yes you can use just the red/white part that is just fine,

and you can add another hdmi cable, but it isn't necessary if things are already working sufficiently for you

Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanx so much for info !!! Really appreciate!!!
Have great night..!!! Elly from SC...!!!!��������

You're very welcome!

Eldon
Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service