Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Certain keys will not respond, or repeats the key numerous…

Customer Question
Certain keys will not...

Certain keys will not respond, or repeats the key numerous times with one play of that note.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Yamaha portable grand X500

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Yamaha instrument? What have you tried so far?

This has been going on for about 4 months.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

A certain beat (rhythm) does not play.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/9/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 4 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello: my name is ***** ***** I am a Yamaha certified technician. The X500 model number does not sound right, usually it is a three letter prefix. For example PLP??? or CVP???. As for the problem's, The basic answer is the same. You are going to need to either clean or replace the switches under the keys. The show up bad in several ways. 1) cutting in and out as they are pushed, 2)Playing at full volume all the time. 3) not playing at all. As for a certain beat not playing that is probably a bad tack switch under that button. or a broken button.

DGX 500

Great, that is a good number. And again for that symptom the cause is bad switches.

Where is a repair station that is near to me, here in NEW ORLEANS LA?

What is your Zip code?

70116

Here it is.

Algiers Piano Works

728 Pelican Ave.

New Orleans, LA 70114

Distance: 2.85 mi.

Tel:(###) ###-####/strong>

Could you take a moment and rate my help, Hopefully a 3 or above?