Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

How do you setup the tx-a670 receiver to play 3.1 or just…

Customer Question
How do you setup...

How do you setup the tx-a670 receiver to play 3.1 or just left and right fronts and a center channel.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

I have klipsch for all 3.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

I just disconnected a new 676 onkyo where all 3 speakers were working. I've tried setup-speaker-power amp assign and there is no 3.1. I have only enabled front and center in this same area.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No. go ahead

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Eldon, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

There is no 3.1 setting for this, the system simply is not designed for that. It is intended for use as either a 2 channel stereo setup, or a 5.1 surround setup.

You can get around this to some degree by using the 5.1 settings, and just leaving the rear/surround speakers unused.

This won't hurt the sound at all, you'll get dialogue through the center channel and everything else through the fronts.
The surround info just won't play, but wouldn't have played in a 3.1 configuration either.

Overall though, your best option is really to buy surround speakers and connect them to get the full capability out of your amp.

Thank you,

Eldon

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.