Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a keyboard on a stand. When moving it the spring on…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a keyboard on a stand. When moving it the spring on the stand was stretched and damaged. how do I get a replacement? Thanks, Ron

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Roland HP600

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Roland? What have you tried so far?

Just moved it, bent the spring, can't get it back to shape. simply need a new spring.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 1 month ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello: my name is ***** ***** and I am a Roland certified technician. I am happy to help you but I need a little more information. The HP600 is the keyboard itself. Roland had several different stands that you could use on this keyboard. Could you look at the stand and see if the model is still showing on it. Normally the model's for stands start with KS-----.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jamstand by Ultimate Support

OK, I'm sorry but I have no information on that brand. If it was a Roland unit I could help. If it is an extension spring you might find a replacement at a hardware store.

Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Rusty, Music Professional replied 1 month ago
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional

Hello, my name is Rusty. Your best bet is to contact Ultimate Support customer service, as this is a specialty spring, and they have the contact to the parts department. Call ***-***-****.

Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional