Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I cannot format floppies. I've ordered a replacement floppy…

Customer Question
I cannot format floppies...

I cannot format floppies. I've ordered a replacement floppy drive for the sq80. I had tried 2 different emulators to convert to flash thumb drives but neither worked. I tried all the different jumper settings with the emulators with no success. The thumb drive was supposed to already been formatted. Do you think there is something else wrong with the sq80? I recently bought it (used of course) and only the floppy disk that came with it works. At a minimum can I get someone to format a few floppy disc for me? Right this moment I am limited to the used one that came with it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Ensoniq sq 80 keyboard. Not sure what OS is in it.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

My pc does not have a floppy drive. It has windows 10; I have bought an external floppy drive but not yet tried it. Normally you format the floppies through the keyboard.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I've tried a couple of emulators that I couldn't get to work, and even new floppies fail to format. I'm wondering if this issue isn't the drive itself but an internal issue with the keyboard.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/7/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do. I am going to try changing out the floppy drive with a new; but I don't think that will work.
If changing it doesn't work then I will be seeking someone that can format a few floppies for me to use on the ensoniq sq 80. I don't believe ensoniq has manufactured for maybe 20 years.

OK let me know if it works