Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

A floppy disc jammed in the drive. the metal part is still…

Customer Question
A floppy disc jammed...

A floppy disc jammed in the drive. the metal part is still in the drive.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

It is a music drive for a Kurzwell piano

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

This isn't a computer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years replied 6 months ago
Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a Kurzweil certified technician. As you have already figured out, this is not good. When the disc is in use that metal cover is opened and allows the record/playback head to contact the disk surface. What happens is the disc is damaged and this metal plate catches on the head and is torn off. If it has not already damaged the head you might be in luck. The repair is to remove the drive and open it up to remove that metal cover. If you need to replace the drive they are very expensive and hard to find. Do you want to try to remove this metal plate?

Is there anything else I can help you with?